I’ve made this recipe twice now, once with whole milk and once with unsweetened almond milk. Both are amazing! You can also swap out the butter for coconut oil if you’re making a vegan version. All in, it probably takes 15 minutes to prep. Let me know what you think!
Baked Blueberry Oatmeal
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder (aluminum free)
- 3/4 tsp fine sea salt
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 3/4 cups milk or milk alternative (such as almond or oat)
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 eggs
- 3 Tbsp coconut oil (melted)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 pint fresh or frozen blueberries
- 2 tsp coconut sugar (optional for sprinkling)
- 2 Tbsp melted butter or coconut oil (optional for drizzling)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Toast pecans on a baking sheet or in toaster oven for 3-5 minutes, or until fragrant. Be careful, they burn quickly!
- Combine dry ingredients (nuts, oats, baking powder, salt, spices) in a bowl.
- Combine wet ingredients (milk, syrup, eggs, coconut oil, vanilla) in another bowl.
- Grease a rectangular baking sheet with coconut oil or butter.
- Add half the blueberries. Add the dry ingredients. Slowly add the wet ingredients on top. Sprinkle with remaining blueberries and optional coconut sugar.
- Bake 40-45 minutes until golden brown. Drizzle with melted butter and serve warm.